Skip to main content
Manufacturing – small business
- By improving energy management, automotive businesses can reduce energy and operational costs, extend equipment life and reduce maintenance regimes.
- By improving energy efficiency, chemicals and plastics manufacturing businesses can become more profitable and competitive.
- Energy costs account for at least 15% of total operational costs of a food business, which means becoming more energy efficient is critical to becoming profitable and competitive.
- Energy efficiency improvements are important to the future competitiveness of the industry nationally, with energy costs comprising up to 15% of a foundry’s total operational costs.
- The manufacturing industry is the largest end-user of energy. There is a range of ways that manufacturing businesses can reduce their energy use and save money.
- In a high volume low margin business like meat processing, keeping energy costs under control has been essential to long-term sustainability.