- EEO Opportunities Register 2014 (Opens in a new window)
- Department of Industry and Science
This resource is a register of ‘significant opportunities’ identified by corporations as part of the Australian Government’s Energy Efficiency Opportunities (EEO) program. The register provides energy efficiency ideas that may be useful for other organisations looking to improve their energy productivity.
- Fuel for Thought - Potential energy efficiency opportunities in the Australian road and rail sectors 2011
This report catalogues potential opportunities for energy efficiency improvements in the Australian road transport (heavy duty vehicles only) and rail transport sectors. It was designed to supplement energy efficiency assessments undertaken by transport operators involved in the Energy Efficiency Opportunities program.
- Rail Transport Energy Efficiency and Sustainability 2006 (Opens in a new window)
- Rail Cooperative Research Centre
- PDF 100 KB
This resource outlines the findings of a project under the Rail Industry Report developed by the Rail Cooperative Research Centre. The project aimed to provide rail passenger-carriage operators with reliable data on the energy efficiency of their operations to compare with Australian averages and world best practice.
- Railroad and Locomotive Technology Roadmap 2002 (Opens in a new window)
- Argonne National Laboratory
- PDF 580 KB
This report outlines the outcomes of a joint initiative by the US Government and rail industry into the status of train and locomotive technology. It examines technologies, potential fuel savings and proposes research and development to overcome any technical barriers.
- ecoFreight 2011 (Opens in a new window)
- Transport Canada
This online resource presents the findings and outcomes of Canada’s ecoFreight program (April 2007–March 2011), which worked with the freight industry to improve the uptake of technologies and practices to reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. The website features case studies, reports, videos, fact sheets and webinars. It includes information for road, rail, air and marine transport modes.